Ok, sorry to disappoint anyone looking for a shiny portfolio full of shiny things, I haven’t got one! My involvement with projects is often only on a technical level, so I don’t think it’s relevant to point people at websites i’ve been involved in building, as it often doesn’t portray what skills were actually used, and I don’t want to take false credit for designing or building things that were done by other team members. Also, some of my “portfolio pieces” existed over a decade ago, and have long-since been replaced. Instead i’ll just try to impress you by name-dropping..
Over the past 20 years, I have worked (either directly as a freelancer, or an behalf of an agency) on web projects for a diverse range of clients including: BT, Orange, Vodafone, National Express, University of the West of England, NHS, Warwickshire Police, AlderKing, Lloyds TSB, Rufus Leonard, Royal Bank of Scotland, Oxford University, South Gloucestershire County Council, Everything Imaging, Hyundai, Schlumberger, VOSA, Forest of Avon Trust, Avon wildlife trust, Uniq Plc, Ericsson, Aardman Animations, Watershed, EcoJam, Macmillan Publishing, Swoop Travel, Google, YouTube, Amnesty International, ECH Engineering and Automattic.
Examples of recent projects:-
- Migration, refactoring, optimisation and support of an active WooCommerce website, using WooCommerce memberships plugin to restrict subscription-only content
- Creation of a Python app which translates and relays messages received over a Serial port to a REST API
- Refactoring and UX improvements of a legacy PHP e-commerce site to use PHP 7.x, Bootstrap 4 and Vue.js
- Supporting a 3rd-party e-learning agency in integrating their product into a WordPress site
- Addition of features and refactoring of a Zend Framework-based bespoke e-commerce platform
- Integration of a bespoke PHP Ecommerce/EDI system with Prima Software
- Creation of a custom FTP server written in Python with event hooks allowing interaction with a 3rd-party API
- Rapid prototyping of a PHP/Slim framework web app providing a RESTful API for distributed micro-controller data loggers
- Creation of responsive WordPress theme based on provided designs, making extensive use of ACF plugin.
- Custom WordPress plugin for a global education company, synchronising course, entry-requirement, dates and fees information with SalesForce via the SalesForce API.
- Creation of Ansible playbook for provisioning new web servers and creating hosting
- Custom WordPress plug-in to synchronise WooCommerce products, categories and stock levels with a 3rd-Party EDI database.
For more details/ CV take a look at my linked-in profile