Sub-optimal web content workflow used by many agencies
- Designer inputs the content into a photoshop file
- PNG or PDF of the document is signed off by the client, or amends requested, which the designer deals with
- Developer copies the content into the CMS (they may need to create some custom content-types or templates to make this work)
- If the content needs to change - the designer is asked to change the photoshop document, and back to step 2
- At no point will the client touch the CMS, or entertain the idea of a few days training in basic HTML or markdown*
Yes, I think we can all see a flaw with this workflow - no need to point out how things could be done differently in the comments!
* I don't care if your CMS has a really good WYSIWYG editor - it's either too limited or too powerful, so an untrained editor at best will never really get the result that they want, at worst do some real damage!