sometimes I think I don’t deserve a career in IT – I just spent a good half an hour completely stumped as to how to change the keyboard mapping from US to UK on a win XP box!
To do this, go to control panel ->regional and language options->languages->text services and input languages
obvious when you look at it, but could I find it?
I always seem to find myself coming up against the same problems, fixing them then forgetting how I did it when I get the same problem. Hopefully by logging problems here it will help me remember, and help out other people at the same time
I installed windows XP today and could not get my mentor PCMCIA PCMLAN10/100 fast ethernet network card to work using downloaded drivers from the vendors website.
I searched around the web a bit and found loads of other people with the same problem. It turns out that there are different versions of this card, and what looks like the same card is different.
I eventually got it working by digging out the original diskette that came with the card and pointing XP at the w2k driver on that – now working fine (so far).
If you have found this via a search and are having the same problem, and your card is recognised by the machine as “PCMCIA Fast-Ethernet” then you need the original drivers, rather than the ones on the mentor site.
If you are looking for linux information for the same card – I have had this card working under linux too
After a lot of messing around I have managed to get the w.bloggar v3.00 interface working so I can blog straight from the desktop.
I’ve been reading about mobile blogging, and whilst I don’t have a fancy phone with pictures etc, it would be quite nice to have a way to make text postings. My phone (sony j5e) has ms mobile explorer – a wap and basic HTML browser, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to build a simplified HTML interface which works with blogworks.
Ideally I should learn more about the blogger API and have it speak to this rather than directly to the files – possibly making it more universal.
you may have noticed that starskiweb has had a bit of a facelift. This is tied into the migration to blogworks XML, I won’t go into it here, but you can read more about it here.
I’ve tried to do this as seamlessly as possible, but if you experience any problems let me know.
This is actually a “public” redesign – I will be adding to it and experimenting with it as time goes on